Thread: Oh flock...
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 01:37 PM   #3
detbuch

[QUOTE=spence;707437]What I find so interesting is that those who claim to hold their principals highest (i.e. the rule of law) also seem to be the first to cast them aside when it suits their interests.

I find interesting the construction "those who . . . also". I have no idea nor evidence that the CIA interrogators hold the rule of law as their highest principle. On the contrary, they may hold the security of the citizens of this country as a higher principle. Nor do I find evidence that, if they have cast any principles aside, that they are the first to do it. Nor do I find any evidence that the vast majority of U.S. citizens, nor any large number of citizens of this planet, hold the rule of law as their highest principle.

We can't defend our freedoms if we have not foundation from which to fight. Always believing that the ends justify the means makes us just like them...-spence[QUOTE]

We do not "always" believe that the ends justify the means, but at some critical times, they very well may. If we do not believe our way of life, our citizenry, are no more valuable to us than those who would destroy us, if we are not willing to defend our existence with the utmost ferocity, our world may well not end with a bang, but a whimper.