View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 12:17 PM   #72
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
But, Johnny, I was merely answering your question "when exactly has any comment referencing a phrase like modern day imperialism ever been mentioned?" If you google "modern day imperialism" you'll find that you are not the first to ust the phrase, and the use of it (fairly wide spread in leftist talk) pretty much corresponds to my response to your question--which, BTW, shows how you contradict yourself when you say "our dealings with Taiwan, that's how you spread democracy." Our dealings with Taiwan would be considered, by those using the phrase before you, as modern day imperialism.
It would be ignorant for me to try to say I coined the term "modern-day imperialism". Now-a-days, you can google almost any collection of random words and find some response. My intention was, when have you heard anyone reference the term modern-day imperialism when talking about Iraq. I have not heard it referenced that way before.

But, if you want to nit-pick three words to spin away from what the actual point is, I commend you on trying to think it would work.

Regardless of your poor attempt to take a fine-toothed comb to my words and pick them apart, I still stand that Bush's approach to Iraq and all his "Spreading Democracy" references are Imperialistic.