View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 10:26 AM   #3
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Frank,
If you removed the bottom plate you nailed into the floor, use hydraulic cement to fill the holes/cracks. When you rebuild your framing for the wall, don't nail the bottom plate, use contractor's adhesive to hold in place, and be sure you shim the top plate before nailing to make it real tight.
Thanks for the heads up Ross. I will smooth out the marks the nails make with hyd. cement. And the adhesive sounds like a great idea. I remember pounding those nails with that 28 oz. framing hammer hard enough to do what has actually happened.

The termite guy was just drilling through the steps to inject the stuff they use on the termites and the drill is a 8 inches short of being able to go through the pad. I mention it to him once and he doesn't seem to bothered by it. I was getting pissed, so I went and got a DD and came back and calmed down and spoke with him again. He put me on the two-way with his supervisor and I tell him. He says he'll come back in two days with a longer drill. The kid thats here couldn't understand his drill just wasn't long enough until I picked up the drill and held it length-wise against the side of the steps.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote