View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 10:40 AM   #21
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
Obama is only petitioning for the Olympics because his friends will benefit"

johnny, yes or no answer - if this was another city, do you think Obama would have went personally to Copenhagen?
- keep in mind, he didnt even travel to NYC, Pentagon, or Phil for 9/11.
and he blew off the Dalai

"American officials told Tibetan representatives that "this president is not interested in symbolism or photo ops but in deliverables," the Asian diplomat said. "He wants something to come out of his efforts over Tibet, rather than just checking a box." (Washington Post) Both Tenzin Gyatso, who is the 14th Dalai Lama, and his representatives have been negotiating for months with the Obama administration to establish a meeting with the 44th President. He has met with the sitting U.S. President in the White House 10 times since 1991.

"We've got the classic case of a Western government yet again conceding to Chinese pressure that is imaginary long after that Chinese pressure has ceased to exist," said Robert Barnett, a Tibetan expert at Columbia University . "The Chinese must be falling over themselves with astonishment at what Western diplomats will give them without being asked. I don't know what the poker analogy would be. 'Please, see all my cards and take my money, too?'

this is freaking hilarious after they were passing out lab coats for a PHOTO OP yesterday

Reverend Wright- YES
Dalai Lama- NOOOOO