View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 10:10 PM   #25
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I completely disagree. While Olberman's rants can be acerbic and pompus, they are usually very well researched and thought out.

Coulter is instead nearly always focused on saying anything to get a rise out of people and beating the "liberals have a mental disorder" horse she's been milking for a decade.

-spence
Yeah, Olbermann's acerbic and pompous. And he definitely is smart. Probably almost 60% as smart as he thinks he is. As for researched and thought out, I'm not so sure. I doubt his racial slur during MNF wasn't part of his script. And making the guacamole comment about a Mexican American governor may have been funny to racists, but I don't think he meant to say it on the air. Now I'm pretty sure his Nazi salute while he holds up the Bill O'Reilly mask is intended. I'd put that in the same category as Coulters idiotic comments and schtick.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio