View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 11:19 AM   #58
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Didn't say the guy had to go to Harvard Law School.....He could go to a trade school or take a course @ ITT Tech for all I care...as long as he comes here, Works, and pays his taxes I'd be happy to sit down and have a beer with the guy.

Instead of always looking at the worst case scenario....which of course will happen....how about looking at the best case scenario....where the guy actually does work hard and puts his kids though school and eventually get his own house.....That happens too you know
The best case scenario is not the statistically most probable scenario. I own a small business. I know how much hard work it can be, how much feeder money they can take, how considerably unanticipated expenses can add up in a flash. Serial Entrepreneurs often fail more than they succeed (but when they succeed, they do so very big).

Quote:
Every Kid born in America is a Potential Contributor to Society. Until they stop Crapping their diaper or Raiding the refrigerator and enter the work force they really don't contribute do they?
Nope. As I'm sure you've read in some of my other posts, if they don't grow up, get a job and contribute to society, then they shouldn't benefit from it either with a free paycheck/health care to sit on the couch.

Quote:
Do you tell your Sales guys to ignore folks without giving them a chance to make a purchase? Or do you tell them to look at every opportunity that is presented as a Sales Opportunity
Apples to Oranges. But, bringing this up provides a convenient analogy for my point. We run about a 10-15% successful sales rate on potential customers. Most phone calls, RFPs, site inspections and meetings are at a loss because we never see a cent of business from that person. However, the sales we do make, pay out very well at a high margin.

Quite exactly like a statistical sample of Start-ups. Most Fail - plain and simple. The ones that don't, tend to pay out dividends well (be it to provide a better quality of life, more money in the pocket, or just financial security).

Quote:
Whats weird is I agree with this statement......I'm not saying that every dipchit that wants to come here should be allowed to stay....if they are here legally w/ a work visa you can see if they are productive....and they are welcome to stay....if not, See Ya.....Don't let the door knob hit ya where the good lord split ya.
Thanks to the US open-door policy, there is no way for INS to keep track of all these people. If a VISA expires, the only way that person gets deported, is if they somehow fall across the system - they try to fly, get arrested, (or as a personal friend did) took a bus to visit family in Canada without renewing their work VISA and get denied re-entry.