View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 11:52 AM   #60
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
The best case scenario is not the statistically most probable scenario. I own a small business. I know how much hard work it can be, how much feeder money they can take, how considerably unanticipated expenses can add up in a flash. Serial Entrepreneurs often fail more than they succeed (but when they succeed, they do so very big)..
They can also work for somebody else...they don't need to neccesarily start their own business. They can be electricians, plumbers, carpenters, roofer, landscapers....and work for somebody else....and do so legally and pay their share of taxes

Quote:
Nope. As I'm sure you've read in some of my other posts, if they don't grow up, get a job and contribute to society, then they shouldn't benefit from it either with a free paycheck/health care to sit on the couch.
Nothing wrong their...I agree with that

Quote:
Apples to Oranges. But, bringing this up provides a convenient analogy for my point. We run about a 10-15% successful sales rate on potential customers. Most phone calls, RFPs, site inspections and meetings are at a loss because we never see a cent of business from that person. However, the sales we do make, pay out very well at a high margin.
Also helps illustrate my point....you still don't ignore the other 85-90% until they don't pan out.....you allow it the chance turn into a sale...if it doesn't then you drop it

Quote:
Thanks to the US open-door policy, there is no way for INS to keep track of all these people. If a VISA expires, the only way that person gets deported, is if they somehow fall across the system - they try to fly, get arrested, (or as a personal friend did) took a bus to visit family in Canada without renewing their work VISA and get denied re-entry.
And there in lies where the Fixing needs to come in...thats the part of the system that is screwed up and causing the problems. I said earlier I didn't want an open door policy...they need to come here legally through a System that actually works

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."