Thread: Got OnStar?
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 10:49 PM   #16
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Beans View Post
sure you can cancel the service provided to you, but that does not remove control of the vehicle... its pretty easy to flip the switch, just like when you sent them a check to start it... it is controlled on their end, you cannot disable the feature without removing it from your car. I don't know just seems like it has a possibility to be used for "the greater good" in a government decided "emergency" if the need arose. I dought they ever will, but its the fact they could if they wanted to that bugs me.
It's quite easy to remove. You don't like it, don't use it. You know that officials have the capability of tracking your every moment based on triangulating your cell phone position and not just when you're using it? That was initiated years ago.

I guess the Big Brother thing started a while ago.

If your car is more than a few years old, it won't have the accelerator disabling feature. But, if you're really paranoid (which it's quite obvious you are or just fishing for something to piss and moan about with an attempt of putting it on the administration) you can remove it quite easily.
CTS-CTS-V FAQ: How do I disable Onstar?

Let's not forget the administration that set the precedent for your "government decided 'emergencies'".