View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 07:17 AM   #1
Crafty Angler
Geezer Gone Wild

Worst Christmas Music

Stopped and picked up some new Christmas CD's day before yesterday - and they were so bad I figured they deserved their own thread for a Holiday Music Hall of Shame...

Far and away the worst was Sting's If On A Winter's Night...which might be appropriate music if you find yourself staring at a quart of cheap vodka and a bottle of barbituates on Christmas Eve...

I've always been a fan of Sting's and yes, there can be a melancholy side to the holidays for some - but I'd have to recommend watching It's A Wonderful Life a couple of times before listening to it

A close second-worst - maybe even neck-and-neck - is the Michael McDonald Christmas album - I'd suggest putting the money in a Salvation Army kettle if you want something to feel good about

A Very Special Acoustic Christmas was maybe a B- but might improve with a couple more listens - I did like Earl Scruggs, Ralph Stanley, Alison Krauss and Alan Jackson's take on the tunes - it's probably gonna slide into the Christmas rotation

The only saving grace was geting a new copy of Willie Nelson's Pretty Paper - which has always been a big favorite around here...

As for the others - well, if nothing else, I guess I've got some new Christmas music to send to my PITA sister-in-law...

"There is no royal road to this heavy surf-fishing. With all the appliances for comfort experience can suggest, there is a certain amount of hard work to be done and exposure to be bourne as a part of the price of success." From "Striped Bass," Scribner's Magazine, 1881.
Crafty Angler is offline   Reply With Quote