View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 10:47 AM   #13
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Here's the problem.

You view this as Al Gore vs. Glen Beck.

I view at from the Science. Here's what I could do, I could cite a ton of papers from the most respected scientific journals, from authors not related to the email group, and you'd say something intelligent like Liar Liar Pants on fire.

the anti-climate change group views this as a political issue, those on my side view it as a scientific and environmental issue. Thats the fundamental difference.
you assume a lot from your "pedestal"........ please cite for me a single individual or group contending that the climate doesn't change ... "anti-climate" change group....how "intelligent"?

"your side"
Hans von Storch, director of the Institute for Coastal Research, calls the climate change axis a "cartel." A colleague, Eduardo Zorita, went further and said the scientists implicated in the e-mails "should be barred" from future United Nations proceedings and warned that "the scientific debate has been in many instances hijacked to advance other agendas." One estimate from a free-market group says that 12 of the 26 scientists who wrote the relevant section of a U.N. global warming report are "up to their necks in ClimateGate."

"used to be on your side"

A UN scientist is declaring that his three fellow UN climate panel colleagues "should be barred from the IPCC process." In a November 26, 2009 message on his website, UN IPCC contributing author Dr. Eduardo Zorita writes: "CRU files: Why I think that Michael Mann, Phil Jones and Stefan Rahmstorf should be barred from the IPCC process."
Zorita writes that the short answer to that question is: Short answer: "Because the scientific assessments in which they may take part are not credible anymore."

Zorita indicates that he is aware that he is putting his career in jeopardy by going after the upper echelon of UN IPCC scientists. "By writing these lines I will just probably achieve that a few of my future studies will, again, not see the light of publication," Zorita candidly admits, a reference to the ClimateGate emails discussing how to suppress data and scientific studies that do not agree with the UN IPCC views.

[...]

Zorita's stunning candor continued, noting that scientists who disagreed with the UN IPCC climate view were "bullied and subtly blackmailed."
"In this atmosphere, Ph D students are often tempted to tweak their data so as to fit the 'politically correct picture'. Some, or many issues, about climate change are still not well known. Policy makers should be aware of the attempts to hide these uncertainties under a unified picture. I had the 'pleasure' to experience all this in my area of research," Zorita explained

Last edited by scottw; 12-15-2009 at 11:08 AM..