View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 05:07 PM   #71
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Glad I saw this post as it reminded me to show you what I saw on Monday. I was out winterizing my boat finally as the weather was nice and mild and I saw the extended forecast with the arctic temps this week so I was doing my thing and I heard a very distinct bird call that I know very well but haven't seen since spring. Matter of fact I was hearing several of them. I look up and there are about 20 Bluebirds sitting in a tree above me. They were looking at one of the houses I have set out and they were also rooting thru my compost pile with the fresh table scraps, fruits, in there. I ran in and got my camera and got some good shots. I have seen them before this time of year in very large flocks. They are probably heading south but hang around a lot longer than I would have thought and they also come up north much earlier than I once thought too.

In the 3rd pic you can see a male and a female. They just finished checking out the bluebird house. Just a male in 2nd pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1779.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	37220   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1784.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	37221   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1785.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	37222  

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote