View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 06:13 AM   #232
numbskull
Oblivious // Grunt, Grunt Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
Finished these up over the week in the heated room vs. the garage.
First rate!!!! Those are on the to do list for me as well. I actually cut a large plastic superstrike in half to get a pattern (getting more and more like Eddy everyday). I know they are not as good a plug as the 2.5oz version, but I'm hoping I can solve that and come out with something larger and heavier. I noted the hook and weight placement are somewhat different between the two different sized plugs.

Spent yesterday drilling, drilling, and drilling. Managed to fckup a bunch of Musso (BM) wadd clones cutting the eye angles . The stock I start with is rarely true square (I rip rough lumber to width but don't bother jointing and thickness planing it) and the special brad point drill bits I use don't run true if started in a drive/tail center hole so I drill my plugs after cutting off the ends. Getting eye holes perpendicular to the hook hole (without building a jig for each style plug) is something I still struggle with.

Got darter slopes to fckup today. The firewood pile ought to grow fast. I need one of those rubber mallets that's in Mr K's second picture. The wooden one is starting to leave a mark on my forehead,
numbskull is offline   Reply With Quote