View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 04:04 PM   #6
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

I grew up on Johnny and Luther Perkins and heres a cool story.

Way back in the early 60s, my Dad was fresh out of the Marines, he was always a country music fan. He never drank until he met my grandfather. I always heard stories of the first times my Dad drank. He was over my granparents house, most likley 22 years old and they boozed hard while playing a Johnny Cash record over and over. You can imagine how wrecked my Dad was. It was sort of family folklore about that episode - the drinking and Johnny Cash, story was told over and over. fast forward .......
A few years ago I was at my grandmothers house my grandfather had passed away and my Dad had recently passed away, knowing I was a big music fan, she asked me to go through my grandfather's records which were buried in a huge box, as I went through the pile, I came upon a Johnny Cash greatest hits record, the songs were ones I had heard mentioned in the family folklore and I knew I was holding the infamous Johnny Cash record I had heard about all my life. The best part? It is an orginal Sun record! That album hangs on the wall at home as a memory of my Dad and Grandfather and a lot of good times.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
RIJIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote