Thread: Speech?
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 05:30 PM   #20
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

1. It was way too long. Should have been over before 10pm
2. Pelosi is a tool, and has had way too much Botox
3. I think they should limit the clapping. Probably added 20minutes to the damn speech.

that being said.
I was a very well written and delivered speech. I like that he called out the courts for the recent idiotic decision on campaign financing. It was a stupid ruling.
I liked that the economy is front and center, and while more on Afghanistan and Iraq would have been good, economy should be front and center.

I think calling out the republicans to work with him is an interesting challenge... it could backfire on him. if they continue to be the say No party, and things improve, they will look good. If they work with the administration and things improve, they probably win less mid-term races. Unfortunately, they will probably err on the side of their own asses on both sides over what is best for us.
More discussion on climate change would have been nice, but I understand that the economy takes precedent. and for the record this liberal wacko has no problem with Nuc. Power. Just no more offshore drilling. Disposing and handling of Nuc. waste is less of an issue than is made out to be. Forget Yucca mountain, there are other ideas that are better.

As far as the blame section, Pat Buchanan was on NPR this morning as part of a panel and basically agreed with the statistics used in that part of the speech. It will be intersting to go back and look at Factcheck.org to see what it breaks down to.

The don't ask don't tell was a bone to those who say he hasn't lived up to any campaign statements.

I think it did a good job riling up the left, and to an extent pissing some off who are living and dying on health care, and it through down the gauntlet to the right.

we'll see.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"