View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 03:47 PM   #4
emgred
Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
I'd like to hook up a tv to the internet to watch like You-Tube videos, MLB, etc. I'd also like to be able to save video to a drive.
I know you need a computer with a tv tuner. I was wondering if there is anyone here who has done it. I heard that WIFI is not fast enough for hi-def and you need to either hard wire the data in or get a network that uses your house wiring. Also, in the room I'm putting the interent tv into, I have a live video cable for FIOS but no box - I don't have a data line in the room.
I'm not so much looking to do it on the cheap, as I am to have it work correctly.
Thanks -
Joe
I'm a little confused. If you want to watch internet video on a TV, the computer does not need a tuner. If you want to use a TV for cable reception AND for internet video, you need a TV that allows for more than one video input. The Samsung HD I just got has multiple inputs. I can choose various sources including a computor or a DVD or a Cable box or the tv itself (if you don't need a box for reception).

Google "video from computer to tv" lots of good info and results.

As for saving video to a drive; internet video you need to find a program that will save streams in real time to disc. For broadcast you need a DVD RECORDER or Hard Disc RECORDER.

Hope that helps.

I'd rather be fishing!
emgred is offline   Reply With Quote