View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 08:55 AM   #26
PRBuzz
BuzzLuck

Send a message via Skype™ to PRBuzz
Xfinity! I'm a total Comcast, oops Xfinity guy: phone, internet, TV. Over the last couple of months service has really increased, especially HD offerings. Today saw a report of internet speeds soon to be 100MBS (min?). Their service has been good, too.

Comcast appears to not be waiting around for FiOS to install their fiber to every house. Interesting: search ViOS on Google and first thing on the list: Xfinity!

Here's my problem with any of these upgrades: since being in the house 25yrs, I've run many cable lines which have one or more splits. Power boosters have already been installed. I've run a direct, uninterrupted line to the single HD TV but what happens when I replace other older TVs with HD sets? The higher capacity demands of HD means I have to upgrade lines within the house, too. So no matter if FiOS installs fiber optic to the house, inside the house must also have high quality feeds. Of course assuming a TV lead in every room. I also had to replace my router with a newer version.

Given the diversity of the human species, there is no “normal” human genome sequence. We are all mutants.
PRBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote