View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 07:08 PM   #16
stripermaineiac

Hi all, Love the inputs. Deffinetly food for thought.I'm still for the tail hooks myself, Most of mine are siwash. Either stainless or VMC's.
plus I tie my bucktail and flash on them. Which really does make a huge difference as those fishing around me have found out LOL.
I think as a 2 hook combo you can't beat it. 2 trebles on a Dannys and a tail hook can be iffy as if the spacing is too close or the hooks are too large they foul most of the time.same as with most plugs with 3 hooks.The ideas you all have put out will deffinitely give some of the younger fishermen and plug builders great info to make their own choices .Sharp hooks ang high quality hooks will make a big difference too.
Oh by the way Back Beach don't give up on the plugs yet. The last 2 yrs on the Vineyard during the Derby{all 5 weeks of it} I was only out fished by someone using eels once and that was because there was a scale on one of the hooks that spooked the fish. The rest of the time I averaged twice as many fish up to 14 to none.So don't throw the wood away trust me it works some sweet.
stripermaineiac is offline   Reply With Quote