Thread: 2A Rally 3/27
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 08:57 PM   #12
MotoXcowboy

I hear what your sayin Johnny I agree with you for the most part..the pedophile analogy is close to par…

Problem is anybody can put a restraining order on anybody these days and that’s all it takes I think, right?…

I just don't see the relativity to a firearm. if the charges were grand theft auto with a deadly weapon..yeah that sort of fits the bill...but most of the dv cases i hear about just dont fit the punishment............

And with cruel and unusual…well ya I guess you are right…the govt seems to always do what they want no matter what, even if it does seem cruel and unusual to the general public…

yeah with reasonable means of an appeal process. I guess I forgot to mention, my buddy’s 10yr old case happens to be from the state of Illinois. He lived there for less than a year with his ex. Otherwise he is a native Rhode Islander and has had a perfectly clean record his whole live. In Illinios there is no expungement for DV cases. Ever….. he has to get a pardon from the governor which every lawyer has told him he has a better chance of meeting the pope. In the meantime Govt Blagovitch was having his fun , and letting all his pardon applications pile up term after term….Its the same with most Governors I guess. They wait till the end of their term and deny most but all apps of course which donated some large sum of money to the Governors favorable foundation ect…it’s a crap shoot, unless you are rich enough to really grease the palm. Know what I mean….Illinois is one of the worst, crooked political system in the nation and its unfair to my friend.

In RI my friend under state law can legally posess a firearm. Its the feds who took his guns say its because his case is classified as "domestic" battery or something in Illinois. Under RI law, you lose your right to bear arms when a domestic battery assault ect..which involves serious or grave bodily injury. He was told by lawyers you gotta beat the chit outta yer wife or atleast really hurting your significant other to get your guns taken away here in RI. Which he didn’t do, as the story goes a neighbor saw his dispute with the exwife and called the cops thats all it took. exwife didnt get hurt or press charges. although exwife was bitter with buddy and was cheating on him in at her school in the navy. all while he tried to make his marriage work there in Illinois.. Needless to say she wasnt very helpful helping him. he plead nolo to avoid further humiliation and left the state and got his divorce asap. Hes lived here and has been a good buddy to me ever since we were little. i know them both and the story sounds right...........

Illinois is probably one of those states where you get a domestic for spanking your child in the local walmart. Illinois is bad when it comes to expungements and pardons especially domestic stuff which re-enables firearm possession. (very very strict gun state, ever heard of a FOID card?) and they like to keep the guns out of its citizens hands. Its to bad because my buddy is a really nice guy who wants to just protect his family (alot of break ins happening in his area west warwick) and like i said he just wants to hunt with a capable shotgun/rifle to provide food for his family.. and personally id rather hear about him tell me a story about killing that trophy buck with his shot gun vs him telling me about how he missed the shot because the cap didnt go off on his muzzleloader or he injured another yearling with another arrow...

And don’t get me wrong im all for reasonable gun ownership. I think only trained individuals, former military, police, and only properly trained civilians should have the right to posses a fully automatic assault rife. I just miss my 3rd burst it would be nice to have for chits and giggles or a serious problem involving multiple intruders. I like the idea the Swiss have. Every man who serves in the military takes his firearm home with him for life.

I hear ya on most of your points…ok what about them preventing you from having high capacity pistols? Not a problem for you? I mean they will nitpick us to death if we let them

Last edited by MotoXcowboy; 03-25-2010 at 09:05 PM..