View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 11:19 AM   #7
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
As a business owner, my health related costs have increased. As a resident, my wait for doctors appointments has significantly increased.

My understanding is that MA has the highest concentration of Primary Care Medical Doctors in the nation per capita, yet the longest waiting times for appointments. What's going to happen in other states that don't have the luxury of a high concentration of doctors, yielding more available choices for care?

There should be two lines. One line for people that paid for their health care, and a second line for people that have their health care paid for them. Not only do I have to pay for someone else, but I have to wait in line behind them too??

My doctor doesn't accept MassHealth and I still have to book appointments 3 months ahead of time, except for emergencies.

MA may have the highest concentration of PCPs in the country, but on Cape Cod there is still a shortage of PCPs. It's tough to find one who accepts new patients.

The ERs at CCH and Falmouth Hospitals are their default PCP.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.