View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 01:13 PM   #19
Tattoo

Luds -

Played a bit when I was younger and had just made it to a Pele' team when all came to a screatching hault. Pele' team was like a club soccer team back then, not your ordinary town league. Bones grew to fast and intense pain when I ran around caused me to make the decision to either continue to play and not possibly not be able to walk later in life or quit playing (according to dr). I decided to continue to play but parents had other thoughts. Sports were out of the question at 10 years old and I began to hate everything about them as I couldnt play. I found a fishing rod one day and things went down hill when from there when Dad bought me a fly tying kit for xmas when I was 12. Fishing took the place of sports throughout middle school and high school all thanks to Dad.

I've since found a renewed interest in the game with my son being a sponge absorbing everything he possibly can about the game and playing. Practice 3 times a week with games on Sunday and he will be in the Blackwatch Premeir Academey come fall. He'll be 8 in September and wonders if he's going to start in the Premeir League like Rooney did at 16 on Everton. Anything is possible I suppose.

Was planning on going to see United play in PA when they come in July but the cost of the trip was just a biot much for a 90 minute game. Plus I doubt they would bring all the heavy hitters with the world cup going on.

Numbskull - I'd have to agree, but Messi and Fabragas played together in Barca youth team. A special bond there and I think Cesc could blend right in to the starting team fairly quickly .

Oh and FOX Soccer is in HD on Cox cable. Not sure about GoalTV though.
Tattoo is offline   Reply With Quote