View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 08:52 PM   #21
RoyL

Thanks guys, tonight's the first night Im not going fishing and spending it with her. We will be heading back tomorrow eve. No sisters, she's an only child...sorry. I've been fishing from shore both here and st lucia. I took the yak out in st lucia and hooked a big cuda that bit me off after a good fight. Its crazy out there. The water is so deep so close to shore. I had schools of flying fish every where around the kayak and even a couple dolphins one day, but the yak fishing was slow. They only let you take them between 9 and 4 so it wasn't the best time. Morning and evenings were the best for the surf. Lots of 4-8lb snook and jacks. The locals said that they catch some monster red snapper off the beach, but I coudnt get my hands on any mullet which was the bait of choice. Tried fishing crabs at night but only caught strange looking fish plus some small snapers and grunts. One of sandals security guards showed me a nice mangrove where I lost that big snook and caught about 4 small tarpon the day after I got married(saturday). I'm in miami now. Drove down to the keys when we got here on sunday and have just been hooking tarpon for the fun of it. The fish are big 80-200lbs and every where, but I'm under gun with the 3 -3 piece st croix I brought down. Had to rent a boat yesterday and was able to land 6 between 80 and 130lbs...that was a blast. Depends how much time I have tomorrow when I get up...I'm dead tired. I have barely slept on this vaca, but I'm going to try and get out for some peacocks before I board the plain. Thanks again guys. She's by far my best catch.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
RoyL is offline   Reply With Quote