Thread: World Cup
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 12:12 PM   #9
MarshCappa
Marcia! Marcia! Marcia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosholu View Post
Marsh,
Nobody can take away from the fact that they are great athletes and there are some seriously heavy hits. Of course when you are covered in that much padding with a layer of plastic over on top and amped up on god knows what it is easy to throw yourself at people. QBs do not call their own game as the plays are sent in by radio from a guy on the roof and the majority of critical scoring plays are attempted by some failed little soccer player. No wonder the rest of the world can not watch it (canadians aside).
If you had an offensive and defensive team and once you are subbed for you are out of the game you may have a decent sport come out of it after a couple of years. It would kind of be like rugby.

For World Cup fans - Nigeria was really poor and in the second half were more worried about conceding a second goal than trying to get a point.
Dude don't even go there. Some of my friends in high school openly admitted they played soccer because they were afraid of getting hit in football. Completely different game so you can't even say soccer players are tougher than football players. I'll give them the stamina thing cuz the game keeps moving but take a look off the ball and they stand around or jog. They would pee their pants if they had to line up for a play in the NFL or they would do what they do best and fake an injury to stop play.

Enjoy your sport, it's pretty good to watch and I do like the rival countries playing eachother. But don't try and argue the toughness thing, it's not even comparable.

"Sunshine Day Dream"
MarshCappa is offline   Reply With Quote