Thread: Game 7 Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 12:43 AM   #9
Saltheart

Very disappointing. I did notice the sudden shift in reffing with maybe 6 minutes to go and suddenly hollywood could do no wrong. However , no matter what the refs did or didn't do , this game was lost one trip up and down the court at a tiem. You cannot get outrebounded on the offensive boards by such a huge margin and expect to win. Its a simple as that. The dynamics of the game result in the defnsive team having a bettre shot at the rbounds that the shooting team. When the offensive team gets an offensive rebound its either a bad bounce or a big goof by the D. Now a bad bounce amounts to only a few , even on a bad night. The Celtics simply did not get the rebounds they should. In fact they got eaten alive. Now since this is exactly what happened in game 6 , I'm willing to dump the whole issue on the coach. If that wasn't item number one when reviewing the game 6 films and if he didn't have some changes made to do better on rebounding then the team was not prepared. Now I like Doc and think he's a great coach but either they missed making changes after game 6 or the players just didn't listen. Its a shame to lose a game they played so great in every other aspect of the game.

Anyway , it was a great game , a great series with LA and a great playoffs overall if you are a Celtics fan.

As far as the team doing it again next year , I don't know. Rondo gets better for sure , garnett has already lost a step. Ray Allen did a great job tonight controlling Kobes scoring but that just takes it all out of you physically and with tired legs , the jumpers just fall short all night. I think they could be in the running again next year but you have to do something to replace garnet and keep him for just the end like they did with walton way back when. When they get older thay can't play the whol;e game but if you keep them fresh and bring them in at crunch time , for a few minutes they can play as good as they ever did.

A great season for the fans to watch this team ,no banner but as exciting a team to watch as any of the previous Celtics Teams.

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote