View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 10:01 PM   #16
MarshCappa
Marcia! Marcia! Marcia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltheart View Post
"They way they played in the playoffs" !!!! Give me a break. They went to the finals. They went to 7 games in the finals. They come within a few points (more correctly minutes) of being the best in the world and people complain about how"they played in the playoffs".

Pierce is the best guy on the team. Yes he is probably trying to get all he can in a long term deal and retire here. That's fine with me. Its a job just like yours or mine. I hope they come to a deal but I understand a guy changing team when millions are at stake. Its not a neighborhood team or support your school team , its a professional team.

As far as who's numbers go to the rafters , if Pierce finishes in Boston his number gets retired. Even if he leaves but the whole thing doesn't get ugly , his number goes up at some point but not until well after he retires from wherever he ends up. If it turns into something nasty and he leaves , then you never know.

A guy who plays his whole career with the same team and has a 20+ PPG average gets his number retired by every team in the NBA.

Ray Allen is a great player. So he went cold in the last few Games of the playoffs. he.s been a great asset and I hope he stays. garnett is the guy I'm willing to part with to get the dollars and a young talented player. If they are smart , Rondo becomes untouchable and as someone said , they start building a new team around him with an eye for the day when they no longer have Allen or Pierce.

Yes, yes, yes, yes, to everything you said. You're right on point.

"Sunshine Day Dream"
MarshCappa is offline   Reply With Quote