View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 04:50 PM   #12
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

Vic I found some stuff that you can buy from a distributor that is available in all viscosities from runny to super thick, they have a spray accelerator. I originally got some samples and was so impressed with it I've probably gone through 15 oz of it so far.

Did not know you could do that with baking soda-you talking about just plain old Armnhammer stuff?

Don't breathe that "smoke" it's actually vaporized ca glue in tiny droplets and is not good for your lungs. This happens if it flashes too fast with the accelerator. This stuff is probably a slower flash I don't see smoke with it unless there is a very large surface area.

Something else I did that I posted on my site was do nose loops of darters with the thick stuff. I was able to put a wire in the nose of the darter and fill around it with thick CA then flash it, let it sit overnight and in pull tests I actually destroyed the .062 wire trying to rip it out.

I wish people would stop spreading this myth that CA is not waterproof. I asked the engineer that sent me the samples. I'm working on my hazmat certification right now and will be selling/shipping this stuff soon.

I think there's almost endless possibilities for it. It works on lead weights in the bellies, lips, wires, all kinds of stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowingTimber View Post
Scott baking soda will also get ca type glues to kick off. Sprinkle a tiny tiny amount into an eye hole. Drop in 1 -2 drops of zap or similar CA. press in the eye. You actually see wisps of s.ome from the heat generated
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
UserRemoved1 is offline   Reply With Quote