View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 08:50 AM   #6
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by GattaFish View Post
Hate to tell you guys The unemployment numbers are flawed. There are 1.4 million people who have exhausted their benefits (Months ago) and have dropped from the actual numbers for continued claims that is the only reason the unemployment rate is below 10% on paper. There are more and more dropping off every week and that is why the the unemployment rate does not look as bad.

Personally I would be willing to bet it is closer to 10.5% if they factored in all the people who have exhausted benefits, have hundreds of resumes out and still no job.

That also does not take into account the number of college kids who graduated in 2009 and 2010 who never found a job and never entered the workforce so they never show up in the numbers either.

The economy is far worse than it is being portrayed. We are on track for another dive in the economy with an exhausted safety net.
Couple of articles I read, put the true number closer to 14-16%. I'm sure politicians are trying to avoid allowing the use of terms like "Double-digit unemployment."