Thread: Dumb
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 05:16 PM   #25
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
Are you saying that he has no time to sail because he's scheduled to be working 137 days this year?
No, I'm saying that I highly doubt the time Kerry spends in Nantucket justifies keeping a gigantic yacht there. If he's really as greedy as people say you'd think he'd want that boat humping 24/7.

Quote:
I also understand that he has some business that he has to attend to during the other 228 days out of the year, but I think he can probably use his boat more than the average working stiff.
I know a number of "average working stiff" types who boat pretty frequently. I'll bet you do as well...

Quote:
And do you think there isn't someone to keep the barnacles off it when it's sitting for a few days? Your argument is like all of your other ones. It's weak and full of your own half baked speculation.
If you don't intend to charter the yacht then yes, rich people do keep crews to maintain the vessel when not in use.

In this case though, there's a public statement that the yacht is to be chartered.

Quote:
Next time, just type what you really think instead of tryng to play devil's advocate and making yourself look silly.
I am simply assessing the known facts. It is you who's prejudging the situation. I'd rather look silly and be right, than, well...ok, you're probably going to look silly just about what ever your say

Quote:
It's gotten to the point that you're really just becoming boring and I'm going to have to stop paying attention to you. You've hit tartan on the lamometer.
No, not the SPACEBALLS reference

ScottW, PLEASE HELP ME>>>>!!!!!

-spence