View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 02:43 PM   #44
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
You have to show identification, not prove you're a citizen or legal alien. I don't see any difference in protection. What's at issue is jurisdiction and the presumption of guilt.
And we need to legally provide proper documentation (Birt certs, Passports, SS card, various ID cards,in order to get the proper identification that 97% of us will show to a law enforcement officer should we run a foul of the law.

We also need to use said identification when applying tax forms when taking a new job.

Quote:
Any why we already have Federal laws to deal with this issue.
The laws that are conspicuously not being followed / enforced?

Quote:
That's not really the issue, it's about a State potentially usurping Federal law and the discrimination of legal citizens and legal aliens in doing so.
And the proponents of this bill would argue that the lack of the Federal guvmint's involvement / success in enforcing existing laws.

Quote:
Again, that's not the point. The legal argument against the AZ law isn't that illegals are good for the country, I'd think only a very small minority would voice this opinion.

Although, you do seem to be proving the point I was trying to make.

That National support is based more on a desire for the Feds to do more rather than endorsement for the controversial elements of the bill.

-spence
- I apologize, sometimes I have this habit of looking at this issue at the National as well as state aspect. I understand others ignore at the national level as well as the state level.

I do not see a problem with the state law that in its essence asks people to obey the law, and follow the law, or there will be the potential for consequences. As long as reasonable assurances for the respect for human rights can be maintained. This bill tries to put more teeth into fighting illegal immigration, not legal immigration.

I want more legal immigrants to come to this country and become Americans. Legal, pulling the same oar to help our kids get smarter, more entrepreneurial spirit, and to grow our nation, because that make sense and helps us to grow. Otherwise we become stagnant.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: