Thread: Lead Ban
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 05:00 PM   #2
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

2 MORE DAYS FOR COMMENTS. PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO DO THIS. This affects every person in this forum.

KUDOS to Scott Brown/his office for taking the time to reply. None of the others did.

Dear Mr. Bullock,

Thank you for contacting me regarding the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and lead use in hunting and fishing equipment. As always, I value your input on this and other issues, and strive to keep you updated on the important issues facing us today.

As you may know, on August 3, 2010, several petitioners wrote to the EPA asking for a ban on the manufacture, processing and sale of lead shot, bullets, and fishing sinkers. The EPA is required by law to respond to any petition within 90 days. While the EPA has stated that they do not have the authority to ban the use of lead in shot and bullets, they are still considering the request to ban lead in the use of fishing sinkers.

I understand your concerns regarding the impact of this regulation on both recreational and commercial fishing. Our fishing industry is one of the Commonwealth's oldest industries and has played a significant role in shaping our state's history. In recognition of the importance of these issues, I have passed along your concerns to the EPA. In addition, public comments will be accepted until November 1, 2010, by visiting Regulations.gov.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Should you have any additional questions or comments, please feel free to contact me or visit my website at www.scottbrown.senate.gov.

Sincerely,
Scott P. Brown
United States Senator
UserRemoved1 is offline   Reply With Quote