View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 09:10 AM   #1
iamskippy

suprise on the end of my line

went fishing along some shore line in RI yesterday afternoon, to kill some time and work on my tan. i covered allot of ground and was getting skunked. . then i saw the true sign that all fisherman / women look for the birds. In the distance i saw huge swarms of birds diving in the water. So i packed up and headed on over was about a miles walk on the rocks. tough trek for a fat guy like myself. by the time i got the birds had flown away, but i decided to toss some stuff out there and hope for the best. I threw everything i had accept the one lure ( now one of my fav's) i hated and could never get to work right. First cast the lure was right on point BAM! top water action, resulted in a nice Blue. I know people are against blues but on a afternoon killing time was a fun catch on light tackle. having a little more confidence in this plug know i toss it back out. BAM! huge explosion on the water ~ miss ~ BAM another one ~miss ~ Third time was hold onto your gym shorts. hit my plug with great vengeance and furious angry and darted out to the open water stripping my reel seemingly forever. i made up some ground on it, the fish got close to the shore i still couldn't see what i was, i had no clue what was on the end of my line. This fish was not done yet, made another break for it stripping me down to almost a 1/4 spool left. I was startinf to build quit the crowd now, the fish was thrashing on top. I felt like a little kid catching its first bluegill. I'm thinking this has to be a monster blue fish, with my rod bend over i decided enough was enough, knowing the fish was beat i brought it in, got it to the rocks and what did i find. something that i have only caught in Florida and certainly not from shore and not in RI before. . I know alot of you prob catch these all the time, but for me this was a first from shore here in RI and a great ending to a day i was almost skunked.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0156.jpg (210.0 KB, 378 views)

Last edited by iamskippy; 09-15-2010 at 11:32 AM..
iamskippy is offline   Reply With Quote