View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 01:12 PM   #8
luds
Night Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish View Post
Work can wait.....please. What in your line of work is that important Luds??? If it is that important.....can't ya pull over and deal with it? I personally think the "Work" angle is just an excuse and I am betting the majority of your texts are personal in nature?? Fishing?? The Wife??? Just a guess? Even if its not an excuse I have said it before....safety first above all else....most certainly above work! That family of 4 in the car you kill would think so???
Fortunately I don't have a job where I'm on call 24/7 so it's not an issue for me but it's a little different for someone in the IT world or in a sr. leadership role. Turn your phone off everyday for your commute home and see what happens. Your jobs going bye bye. What would prompt you to pull over since the suggestion was that your phone should be off? I'm not saying it's right, it's just how it is. People that drive poorly because their chatting with their friends or texting are be idiotic but I just don't see it quite the same way for people that are working. It's not good but I feel like to a certain extent they are doing what they have to do. For me I work from home as much as possible to avoid any unecessary face to face contact with humans so I'm able I rarely have to worry about taking a business call while driving. Some folks have no choice other than to find another job which seems to be a little difficult right now. Again, texting/tallking about work in the car is not a part of my life but I see why it is for many people and I won't point a finger at them.

All my texts are fishing related or sexual, mostly both!!!!!!!!!!!

luds is offline   Reply With Quote