View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 09:14 AM   #45
Back Beach
Respect your elvers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorM View Post
those dannies pine mike? I made some of those last year, had an original to look at , and they did not swim like I had hoped but I am going to try some more this winter. I am going to try some of my new, lower on the belly, belly weights on them instead of the Pichney style of weighting and see if that comes out better. Same amount of weight just distributed a little lower on the belly . Kind of how my body is starting to morph into as I climb the age chart. Makes me slow and lazy and that is what I want the plug to do. I'm the perfect blueprint. Are you going with the same Pikie style bent up lip?
Dannies are AYC with a NJ tackle .40 round weight in the belly. The weight sits right at the bottom of the belly, almost flush with the wood surface. Lips are going to be pikie 3 mid slots, which is what the original one I own has in it. I already did a demo plug with this setup and I feel sorry for the fish already...

Seriously though, time will tell. I'm tempted to throw the original in the water just to see what it does, but its the only real collectible plug I own. Finished weight of the original is 3.25 and mine are just about the same. I need to put the lips in my vise afterwards and make the folds so they look like the original.

It's not the bait
At the end of your line
It's the fishing hole
Where all the fish is blind
Back Beach is offline   Reply With Quote