View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 07:22 PM   #12
JohnnyD

I've been very vocal that our soldiers aren't paid enough, the families of soldiers KIA do not receive enough support and the lack of outcry and support of the soldiers is ridiculous. The above is why I try to do what I can to help by donating my company's services for veteran-related functions whenever I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Kerry is the ass that had a fire hydrant moved from the front of his Beacon Hill residencce so he could park closer.A real man of the people.
At least he and his wife paid for it.

"After receiving a permit from the Boston Water and Sewer Commission, Heinz and her husband hired a private crew to move the hydrant that was in front of their house around the corner, to another side of their property.

They also are paying for sewer and sidewalk work in the area around their house. Kerry's office won't disclose the project's cost.

Steve McDonald, spokesman for the Fire Department, said the request was approved by the neighborhood's district chief, who went to the site and found that the move would not block anyone else's parking or affect the department's firefighting ability.

"It's not common," McDonald said. "But the fact is, anyone can request it, and if it's reasonable and they're willing to pay for it, it's usually not a problem.""
Senator's Wife Pulls Plug on Fire Hydrant - Los Angeles Times

I'd be curious to Rush's source about Congressional Pensions because it sounds like a load of BS.
"As of 2007, the average annuities for retired members of Congress were $63,696 for those who retired under CSRS and $36,732 for those who retired under FERS. Those figures are quite good (about "2-3 times more generous than what a similarly-salaried executive could expect to receive upon retiring from the private sector," according to the National Taxpayers Union), but not quite the lavish endowments these e-mails make them out to be. "

Rush's ridiculous claim of $15,000/month means that a one-term Congressman would receive $180,000/year from his pension, which is interesting considering John McCain makes $174,000.

This is the issue with Rush Limbaugh's lemmings who take whatever he says as gospel without digging into his "facts".