View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 02:03 PM   #11
Fly Rod

I thought that part of the American Revolution was fought over taxation, amongest other things. Once the Bush taxes go away we will be taxed and taxed again. Both the state and feds want to increase the tax on gasoline, capital gaines will almost double. Starting in 2011 if you sell your home you will pay 3.8 per cent of the sale price to the feds.

Interesting to note that your president wants to curtail wage increases to federal employees for two years. I agree.

Your president wants to exclude military personal. I agree. Married military are on welfare and food stamps now.

Your president also is excluding congressmen. I do not agree they are part of the federal government. They are eating caviar

Those who are on social have been cut off from a 5.8 percent cost of living increase for two years because of your president. The average social check is eleven hundred and some change closer to 1200 so we will round it to 1200. That is 1200 x 12 months = 14,400 x 5.8 = 835.20 of which the average social retiree is out per year.

And your president feels that congress should be able to get a pay raise. There is something wrong with this.