View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 11:52 AM   #14
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
His book is pretty good as well. Very straightforward it gets to the heart of issues without a lot of crap. I think I gave my copy to some guy on an airplane...

-spence
are you referring to this book?

Joe Scarborough Conservative Bashing Book Tour Flops Bigtime
By P.J. Gladnick | June 20, 2009 |

Over the past several weeks, this site has been tracking the attempt by MSNBC's Joe Scarborough to make money bashing his former friends in any and every available public venue. With a new book to peddle, could attacking onetime colleagues from his conservative days fuel sales? New data from the publishing world, as well as radio and TV, provide the answer.

To promote the release, the former GOP congressman turned radio and TV host appeared on left-leaning television shows such as The View and did interviews with the New York Times and Newsweek. Each time, he was quick to bash Rush Limbaugh, Karl Rove, Newt Gingrich, and other key conservative figures.

In recent years, Scarborough has found that turning against fellow Republicans could be good for the pocketbook, securing him the morning gig at MSNBC and a syndicated talk show airing on WABC / New York and elsewhere.

But in new data released late this week, Scarborough has struck out in every category: TV, radio and publishing. His widely-touted The Last Best Hope: Restoring Conservatism and America's Promise has bombed, selling just 6432 copies since its 9 June release, according to new Bookscan figures. At Amazon, it has already dropped out of the top 100, currently ranked 166.

No, you're wrong, Brian! And outdated. The most recent check at Amazon shows that Scarborough's book has now plunged to #189 in book sales despite seemingly endless promotion for it on MSNBC and the rest of the tube.

book review comments made by readers at Amazon. Here is a sampling:

...Joe's analysis is shallow and weak and his anecdotes are unconvincing if you give them any serious thought.

Exactly what in this book provokes thought? I'll give it this. It works better than Ambien if you're trying to catch some Z's.

When I think "conservative", Joe Scarborough's name comes up somewhere between David Brooks, and Lincoln Chafee. If this guy is the last best hope: good riddance!

Joe lives in the basement, nobody cares what he has to say.