Thread: Dog Question
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 12:29 PM   #8
striperman36
Old Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshCappa View Post
Both actually. I take him out between 5-6pm to poo before he eats. I think before I go to bed I'll send him out again but typically if I do this he just pees. He's usually like clock work, i take him out in the morning before 8am and he does his business then he eats his food. He's in the crate during the day for around 4 hours. I have my cousin staying with us and she takes him out during the day for exercise and pee but he usually won't poo for the girls of the house. He does this only on occasion(poo in the crate) but cuz my wife gets up before me she is the one who makes the discovery and cleanup. This will wear thin on her over time if he keeps it up. I'll check on the product Paul reffered to and possibly use it. the one thing I notice about this dog is that he is very sensitive to anything he digests. I have to be really careful about treats, etc. Like all young dogs he likes to chew things including any bedding I have put in his crate. I have spent serious money on all types of bedding but it the end he eats it all. I feed him the recommended allowance for a dog his size and he gets plenty of exercise. he's a good boy overall but our house is small and accidents like that don't go over well with the mrs. At least it is somewhat contained in his crate but it's still a mess. Oh well, chalk it up to the joys of dog ownership I guess.

As for the rest of you jokers....Thanks... i guess!
Sheperds, are notorious for sensitive stomaches. I've cleaned way to much stuff.

Milkbones, Flex2500, Purina Sensitive Stomach Dry, little Purina classic. Thats it.

Anything else its bad news.
Our Corgi can eat anything. acorns, suet, m,ice, anything. Sheperd gets excited, tries to mimic her, we pay

Don't deviate from the plan , most treats , rawhide etc. not safe for any dog.
striperman36 is offline   Reply With Quote