View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 10:49 AM   #4
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Dad, you're all over the place, and coming across as someone who won't admit he might be wrong..
This is why I love the Political forum soooooo much. I love the fact that this thread was started by asking what people's "thoughts" were on a subject....and escalated to me not being able to admit I'm wrong and being "All Over the Place" .

Trust Me...I've been married 20 years....I've mastered the art of admitting that I'm wrong....

I see "thoughts" as being opinions, and as far as I knew sombody's opinion is never wrong....facts are wrong...but not opinions. I gave my opinion...and I stand by it, I have no issue w/ gays serving in the military...period. My Opinion...don't care if you don't like it....I'm not changing it.

Quote:
First, you said no more would enlist. Now, you're saying who cares if more enlist, because they're already there..
I thought I was pretty consistent on my stand, where did I contradict myself in this thread...I'm not seeing it. I never said no more would enlist, I did say I don't have a problem if more want to serve their country...not denying that. And again it is pretty consistent w/ my stand on the issue.

Quote:
If you don't see those 2 things as different (having to hide your gayness and being openly gay) we have nothing more to discuss. .
I guess we don't....and I'm OK w/ that

Quote:
You keep dodging my points, and I keep re-stating them, and you keep dodging. It gets tiresome.
I don't think I dodged anything...I answered what I thought was correct to me.....I don't know what more you want me to say...Repealing DADT doesn't bother me...

A Lot of things in this forum get "Tiresome".....but its like a train wreck I guess because I keep coming back to poke around...shame on me

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."