View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 07:02 AM   #39
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by striperman36 View Post
yes, all of the whackjobs are out blaming everyone but the shooter or trying to affix blame for his actions to those that they disagree with politically, includung a few here, trying to get some mileage out of this....(or maybe they're all just engaged in (sick)SARCASM?)

Rep. Carolyn McCarthy, D-N.Y., one of Congress’ fiercest gun control advocates, is looking to strike while the iron is hot. “My staff is working on looking at the different legislation fixes that we might be able to do and we might be able to introduce as early as tomorrow,”

At the same time, another New York Democrat is blaming the pro-gun community for Saturday’s violent shooting. In a statement Sunday, Rep. Carolyn Maloney exclaimed that “guns kill” and that “those who glamorize gunplay or worship gun ownership do no service to humanity.” does this include Hollywood?

While Maloney and McCarthy are focusing their efforts on restricting access to guns, Pennsylvania Rep. Robert Brady, a Democrat from Philadelphia, is proposing new limits on free speech.
“I am very concerned about my safety and the safety of other members of Congress,” said Rep. Bobby Rush, a Chicago Democrat. “I’ve informed those who are in my midst that they should be much more vigilant.”

Rush said the climate is dangerous for political leaders, particularly for those who have supported President Barack Obama and his policies. He said he doesn’t plan to scale back any public appearances.

I'd argue that living in Chicago is far more dangerous ....Michele Obama "As a black man, you know, Barack can get shot going to the gas station."

One veteran Democratic operative, who blames overheated rhetoric for the shooting, said President Barack Obama should carefully but forcefully do what his predecessor did.

They need to deftly pin this on the tea partiers,” said the Democrat. “Just like the Clinton White House deftly pinned the Oklahoma City bombing on the militia and anti-government people.”

Read more: Violence and politics merge - Jonathan Martin and Ben Smith and Alexander Burns - POLITICO.com

Liberal commentators such as MSNBC’s Keith Olbermann, who on a special Saturday evening show said he was sometimes guilty of over-the-top rhetoric, made an impassioned plea for more restraint and civil debate. But he also guaranteed that the political temperature would rise by devoting most of the show to the still-undocumented assertion that conservative political rhetoric helped send someone with a predisposition to violence over the edge.
Read more: Violence and politics merge - Jonathan Martin and Ben Smith and Alexander Burns - POLITICO.com

and so it goes..."never waste good crisis"

Last edited by scottw; 01-10-2011 at 07:37 AM..