View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 04:36 PM   #70
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Right, but rational thoughtful people don't define an entire group by the action of some, yet you want lump every liberal into this based on the actions of some of the media and talking heads. I'm as liberal as they come, but see no blame to ONE side or the other on this topic. is there a lot of political rhetoric and hateful speach being used? Absolutely. from both sides. Absolutely! Does that make it right? No.

Was this political;y motivated? for some reason, in this whack-job's head, yes. If he was just out to kill people, I find it awfully coincidental that he walked up to a congresswoman and shot her in the back of the head at point blank range before turning the gun on the crowd. Was it because he was a tea-partier? Or a communist? or a liberal? or a republican? who the #^&#^&#^&#^& knows.

But then again, I'm a liberal, he should be released from prison tomorrow, given 10 grand and maybe even a house, since I'm one of those mentally diffective liberals, right Jim?

Right, here in lies the danger with lumping us togethor since I am pro-death penatly in some cases, this included.
"yet you want lump every liberal into this based on the actions of some of the media and talking heads."

No, that's not what I want to do...look at what I said...what I said was, if you agree with the talking heads that Palin/Foxnews caused this, you are crazy. That's what I said, and I stand by it. Reasonable people can debate things like immigration and entitlements. There is no rational way to suggest only the conservatives spew hate.

Rockhound, let's assume (despite no supoprting evidence yet) that this guy was a tea partier. Let's say he did it because he thought Palin would want him to. Even if he thought that, Palin is no more responsible than Jodie Foster was for Hinkley shooting Reagan. You cannot hold someone responsible for how a lunatic responds to what they say. You can only hold Palin responsible if a REASONABLE PERSON would infer that she was trying to incite murder.

"But then again, I'm a liberal, he should be released from prison tomorrow, given 10 grand and maybe even a house, since I'm one of those mentally diffective liberals, right Jim?"

I didn't say that. I'm just commenting on what liberals have actually said, and too many of them are using this as an accuse to silence conservatives. Too many (though not all liberals) are doing it, and too few (though not zero) liberals are speaking against it.