View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 02:46 PM   #18
scottw

I found this far more offensive...

Chinese pianist Lang Lang tickled the ivories with an anti-American ballad at last week’s State Dinner for President Hu Jintao, the White House responded Monday condemning the criticism and insisting the song, “My Motherland,” was no insult to the United States.

The song was written for the 1956 Chinese war film, “Battle on Shangganling Mountain” which depicts PRC soldiers as the heroes and Americans as the bad guys.

The original song portrays Americans as wolves (or jackals), greeted by “the hunting rifle.”

The movie and the tune are widely known among Chinese, and the song has been a leading piece of anti-American propaganda by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) for decades.

The joke was not lost on Chinese internet writers who acclaimed Lang Lang’s choice of music. “It’s deeply meaningful to play this in the United States, but I don’t know if the Americans can understand? Ha ha,” Asia One news reports

no...Asia one, our elitists are incapable of recognizing when America is insulted and many probably recognized the tune as a childhood nursery song...

Last edited by scottw; 01-28-2011 at 02:53 PM..