Thread: Obama Care
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 11:52 AM   #102
Piscator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltys View Post
Ok so that's what you THINK it does. Now ask people who are ON IT for what it's REALLY like. It ain't pretty.

Do you realize that you have to go to Boston ONLY for doctors visits?

For the record I missed qualifying for it by $600 LOUSY #^&#^&#^&#^&ING DOLLARS LAST YEAR.
I pulled it from the Mass Resources site . I don't know if the above is 100% accurate or not but it's what was listed.

MassHealth: General Eligibility

http://www.massresources.org/pages.c...&DynamicID=563

I actually do know someone currently on Mass Health and their Doctor is NOT in Boston. You have to call Mass Health and THEY find you a doctor in your area but they have doctors all over the state that take it.

As for the $600, It can be argued that Mass Health could "de-motivate" people on the cusp to work/earn less so that they qualify. This is not directed at you so I don't want you to think I'm saying that about you but there is an argument that people within a certain $$ range might toss in the towel so they do not earn more than the required threshold in order to gain coverage. That in my eyes is a demotivator.

"I know a taxidermy man back home. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him!"