Thread: Exercising
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 06:28 PM   #30
Saltheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sandman View Post
The problem is I like what I eat! I eat fairly healthy but my portion size is probably too much.

Yep , a bowl of Spaghetti to me is what a nutritionist would say is the right amount for a family of 6 ! I honestly think the time to beat an overweight life is when you are children. That's when you develop the over portion size habits and develop the taste for stuff that is bad for you and a hard eating style to change. In my day ,the sign of a good healthy growing boy was that you had a big appetite and ate a lot! If you were a skinny , picky eater , you were considered unhealhy and people would ask "What's wrong with him"? Now we know differently.

I have made some healthy changes though. Now when I have spaghetti and sausages , I have a few glasses of red wine with it. That red wine is supposed to be good for you!

On a serious note , there is no doubt in my min whatsoever that eating too much and exercising too little is the single biggest health problem in the USA today and also in the whole developed world. If a magic wand swing could cure those issues for old and young alike , people would probably live and extra 20 to 30 years longer.

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote