View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 08:27 AM   #6
Fly Rod

Jim, get over it. Have you ever given back a pay raise or told your employer not to give you one? It is never ever going to change. A city councilor looks at how many city employees there are, lets use the figure of 1,000 employees, that's the potential of maybe getting that many votes to get re-elected.

Everybody deserves a cost of living raise regardless if you are a public servant or in the private sector. Does your city fathers have to give into the union wanting a fith week of paid vacation, five more sick days, five more personal days? NO.

My city has done well negotiating with the police department for a three year contract. All they got was a three year pay increase, 1.5% starting 2011, 2% in 2012 and 1.5% in 2013.

Maybe you should sell your property in that city and move to a city or town that has a lower tax rate. I pay 11.50 per thousand, the town next to me pays 13.00 per thou and four towns away pays 15.00 per thou. I'm not happy paying the 11.50 but looking at what other cities and towns pay I should smile.

Last edited by Fly Rod; 02-24-2011 at 08:34 AM..