View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 12:18 PM   #8
Fly Rod

[QUOTE=Jim in CT;839470]"Have you ever given back a pay raise "

Never gave back a pay raise, I earned every one of them. My first raise was in 1969, my boss gave me .10 per hr. more and he made it a point when he gave me my paycheck to say, "Don't think that I made a mistake in your paycheck, I gave you ten cents more an hour."

From reading all your past post you seem like a bitter person, maybe you feel you are owed something.

"I take it you have never owned your own business. Because if an employee isn't pulling his weight, or if a business is struggling, not everyone can get a raise. If the money isn't there, you can't spend it. I guess that's too complex for you."

I owned a very successful business in the building and remodeling field, thirty five years 1972-2007, built the last new house for myself, no mortgage. Allowed me to fly fish around the country and in Canada and allowed me to have a little retreat in the Bahamas for a few years. Given out pay raises when deserved, fired people when needed. 1990ish recession, " you probably do not know anything about that," laid off all but two employees as work slowed, almost went bankrupt too, bounced back and enjoyed life once again. Gave up the business due to illness in 2007. Now I'm in a more lucrative business, real estate, with the wife but, my illness is starting to take its toll once again.

"Fly Rod, what about my post here? What do you think about a cop telling the citizens to arm themselves?"

Look at the source, a union president, all rhetoric. No cop has to tell me to arm myself, I'm armed. Tell me, when was the last time a cop prevented a rape, a bank robbery or murder? They always get there after the fact. Arm yourself. Being a Marine I would think you are armed.