View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 12:45 PM   #17
Mokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockfish9 View Post
yea well how long you been building.. you are a fast learner, but.... lots of techniques out there that are not discussed daily.... I had a nice display at pugfest the last two years showing the epoxy pocket and several other "forgotten" methods of attaching hooks and hangers... you could also pin them as well....
I think right now, it's a learning curve issue with drilling out the plug. It's big enough to handle it, but it's going to be a practice thing. For now I am content with where I've gotten in the design and all, but I know eventually, I need to shore up the weak points, or I'll be in for a sad day if the screw eyes fail.

I only drill a 1/4" into the wood and I dab Devcon 2 ton on the threads and screw them into the wood. I figured it would be smarter to have the screw make the hole instead on drilling too deep. I'm not certian how much the epoxy bonds the wood to the screw, but if it is as strong as I'm told it is...that wood SHOULD break 1st.

I have many years of learning ahead. It's hard to soak it all in and practice each technique. Much to learn.
Mokes is offline   Reply With Quote