View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 03:37 PM   #9
Piscator

BigFish - The media sucks. I agree and all it does is desensitize us. I'm not that old but remember when breaking news used to really be an important event where you would stop and listen, now it's background chatter.

As for all the other posts. I agree as well but don’t you think it's a bit ironic that this discussion is going on right now.
Dad Fisherman, I agree with you 100% but you have almost 11,000 posts! That’s over connected (Raven has over 15,000!) We all log on daily over the internet using wireless computers and smart phones where we can all instantly gratify our connectives. It’s almost hypocritical that we all complain about this technology but let it consume us and have a love/hate relationship for it. We go online daily and blog away and this is how most of us communicate. I’m sure my great-grandfather thought the radio was an evil distraction to my grandfather. I’m sure my Grandfather thought the TV was an evil distraction to my Dad. I’m sure my Dad had the same concerns about Cable TV, and Video Games. I think about my young children and wonder how this will affect them and what will be invented to distract them when they are old enough to use it. I guess it is the circle of live………

Balance is the key. Technology here and there and a little manual labor and face to face communication is what is needed.

"I know a taxidermy man back home. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him!"
Piscator is offline   Reply With Quote