Thread: slim plugs
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 08:56 AM   #1
Diggin Jiggin

slim plugs

I seem to be on a slim plug kick lately. I refinished a pencil the Greek gave me last year that I really liked, and tried to make a few more since I liked it so much. The original one is the yellow one. I made a couple from pine and one from maple to try different weighting and just to experiment with them. These are pretty slim and light, around 2 oz for the pine, 2.5 for the maple. I'd never used those eyes before and I need to drill them deeper next time, they're kind of bugging out.

I was talking with PNG at plugfest about a real skinny polaris I'd gotten in a swap and the profile is actually very similar to these pencils. The yellow red head is the original. I was thinking a slim profile might be good if the sea herring or whiting show up again so I made a couple of those to play with too. They are maple and right around 2 oz.

The small gold spook I made to try on a bright moonlit night, its a lot slimmer than the other spooks I made. The hand carve I'd started about 3 years ago, that may be a dud. I think there wasn't quite enough bouyancy in the maple so when I test it if its too heavy I'll just pull the lip and use it as a needle.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0903.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	211.6 KB
ID:	45280   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0899.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	189.6 KB
ID:	45281   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0902.jpg
Views:	242