Thread: the trap is set
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 01:36 PM   #33
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Section 2 states you have to obtain a permit to kill them outside of the normal open season. Gray Squirrel season ended January 2nd. May need to get permission 1st.

Then he has to submit a report annually on how many you took.

I do know that I wouldn't be posting a tally online until I found out 1st
I think you are referencing this under part (2):
"No such owner or tenant shall authorize any person, other than a member of his immediate family or a person permanently employed by him, to place traps for the protection of said property other than during the open season, unless such owner or tenant has first obtained from the director a permit authorizing him so to do, which permit the director is hereby authorized to issue in his discretion, unless such authorized person holds a trapping license."

Which states you need a permit to trap them during the off-season, unless you hold a trapping license.

And don't bother trying to ask EP any questions about it. They told me that under no condition and at no time of the year are you allowed to kill a squirrel on your own property or that is in your attic. According to them, regardless of the time of year, you must call a licenses pest control company.
JohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote