View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 07:15 PM   #15
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

I won't say best caster but pretty darn good and I have caught a bunch of good fish in the canal last 2 years on them. You can see their size compared to a small rootbeer colored SS popper. I took the SS little neck and head and sort of Gibbs body shape designs and combined them and kind of used that as my design. Picture makes them look a little fatter then they really are. They weigh the same as the SS and cast a mile even with me casting them. The ones with the mushroom tail wgt. will probably even cast better with more weight so far back when I try them this spring but I can get them that heavy with an inside the body weight too. They sink but come up real fast in the current of canal which is the situation they were built for and you can swim they nicely and sinking poppers are very effective under water. I use the same plug weighted lighter for the beach or boat. I use this design for my larger 3 plus oz popper too actually the larger one came first, but I use the smaller ones way more as I feel I can get them out there further.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2455.jpg
Views:	652
Size:	154.4 KB
ID:	45901  

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote