View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 11:23 AM   #18
Sea Dangles

Never heard the term helicopter parents before and after two referances still don't get the meaning.Sometimes the best action is no action at all.Some parents are truly f'ed up; Last week at my 6 year old sons final basketball game, the kids are warming up.At this age it consists of throwing up some shots and chasing down a loose ball for another shot attempt.Out of the corner of my eye I see a Dad from another team approach my boy to ask for the ball,which my son handed over and went to look for another. The Dad takes the ball and gives it to his kid then comes over to me to explain that his son had been using that ball to warm up with(nutjob).I told him I took no exception to his action but inside I rolled my eyes and thought to myself the poor coddled sport doesn't stand a chance and won't for as long as his father is a tool.

Nothing wrong with caring too much but choose your battles wisely.Nothing wrong with sticking up for yourself and accepting the punishment quietly.She knows you have her back and that's all that really matters.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote